'/> Amazing Animals: Teacup Pig–cute Miniature Pigs That Never Grow Up

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Teacup Pig–cute Miniature Pigs That Never Grow Up

Don’t ever mistook them for piglets – and even if they “grew up”, they will still remain “small” pigs. Meet the Teacup Pigs!… the cute miniature pigs that never grow up.

photo link

The Teacup Pig, also known as the Pennywell Miniature Pig, is a small breed of pig that was developed at Pennywell Farm in Devon, England. A newly born one, weigh about half a pound and can fit into a teacup. An adult Teacup pig grows to about 12 -16 in. tall and weighs approximately 64 lbs. As pet, Teacup pig is now gaining popularity among celebrities. When sold as pets, these pigs must come in pairs. Why? … because these pigs need companions to deal with harsh winter nights. Due to high demand and the limited supply, Teacup pig average selling price is $1,100 each.

photo link

In 2007, Chris Murray (the breeder), introduced the first Teacup pigs to the public. It is reported that Teacup pig originated from Kune Kune pigs, a New Zealand type of pig, and is the product of a laborious 9 year breeding program.

Teacup pigs are highly intelligent pig and are easily motivated by foods. However, they too can easily get bored if not given the proper stimulation. According to experts, teacup pigs are social animals; and if they are kept in pens, they become quite irritated and may spend a miserable adult life.

photo link

Teacup pigs make fantastic pets and some celebrities owned or adopted one. Victoria and David Beckham adopted a Teacup couple in $2,300, whom they call Elton and David. Other celebrities that owned or adopted Teacup pigs includes; Paris Hilton, who bought just a single pig and Rupert Grint, who in 2009, adopted a pair of this miniature pig.

Teacup Pig video



30 comments:

  1. Aww...they look so cute and expensive ha. I have to show this post to my daughter, she'll like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing indeed Papz! They're cute, my wife said...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ang cute naman! sana meron niyan dito coz i would love to have one for lechon este for a pet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute piggies! The photos reminds me of my childhood, we used to have piggery back then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww so cute you made me smile papaleng. I like porky :) I saw one here in festival they were dress up so cute I name one porcelina the classy porky ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the most adorable pig I've ever since in my life! i never thought that pigs should always be good, teacup pig is something i might consider to be pet someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutie piglets! Makes me want to cook them...letchon! Just kidding....these are the kind of pigs that people keep as a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ang cute. Ngayon ko lang nalaman may mga ganito pala.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And all those years, I thought na dog species lang ang may mga kinds na di lumalaki. Pati rin pala ang mga pigs :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! They're all such a cutie, sooo adorbs!!! Reminds me of Babe in the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw! these babes are really cute. they say pigs stink but if i have little pigs like this i think i can cuddle them like puppies:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. actually when I read about this, and one should buy a pair of these tea cup pigs, i was intrigue with the two photos above, why 3? hmmm… love triangle hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. This pig would really be a nice pet as they are so cute and don't grow big.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post reminds me of Babe Pig in the City, it's a movie about a cute little pig, those pigs are really cute hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my god I never saw cute pigs like them. I taught they were baby pigs but tea cup pigs pla cila. Hope to see one in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those pigs are really cute but $1K is robbery in broad daylight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. First time to hear about a miniature animal all I know is a "BONZAI" in a plant. But this teacup pigcute miniature pigs are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really unique! To have a teacup pig as a pet would be really cool! But I hope no one thinks of bacon.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wait lang... hahahaha ang cuuuuuute nila!!! Never thought na may 'teacup pig'. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg I never knew teacup pigs even existed! And even David and Victoria adopted a set.. calling them Elton and David LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha ang cute nila tignan! Napaisip tuloy ako how some people treat a pig as one of their pets. Paano pag lumaki na sila? Lilichonin nila?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoa Paris Hilton must have a small barn already in her home for keeping so many pets and unusual ones such as this pig.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow super cute! Never thought there are pigs like these! I like pets that are super small, :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. all of them looks adorbs!! i cant believe we pigs that so cute haha well they are too cute indeed

    ReplyDelete
  25. so cute, I don't think they are edible too. It will make me feel like eating my pet dog when I cook one of this miniature and cure pigs...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ang cute ng mga. biik. Ang sarap sigurong alagaan yang mga yan. He he..oink oink. baby pigs

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow sir! seeing these cute little pigs really made my stressful day! :))

    ReplyDelete
  28. See these cute little pigs really made my day!! they're soo cute! I want to have one :))

    ReplyDelete
  29. hahaha, chihuahua pigs... now that's a pig for pet. hehehe... magandang pausuhin dito sa pinas, mapapagkakitaan. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute pig! This post reminded me of Babe---the pig in the city! I'm sure they can be great pets like dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Leave A Comments