The animal kingdom is full of strange, interesting and amazing facts. Read on to learn 30 fascinating things animals can do, traits they alone own and amazing facts good to be included in the Animals Guinness book of records.
* Its not true that moths are attracted to light; moths fly in search for the dimmest point behind the light.
* Believe it or not, Scutiger coleoptera, a species of centipede can travel up 5 mph over short distances.
* Lobsters can move up to 25 feet per second under water.
* This is simply amazing, do you know that A mosquito actually has 47 teeth.
* A housefly could be a good singer, Why? It hums in the middle octave, key of F.
* Poor dragonflies, they have a short stay on earth, most of them die after 24 hours.
* Depending on the type of species, a grasshopper’s eardrum can be found either below its abdomen or on its forelegs.
* And how about a shrimp's heart. You could locate it its head.
* Would you believe that while the head is attached to his body, a male praying mantis cannot have sex. In order to copulate, his partner must initiates sex by ripping his head off. Isn’t it a weird sex ritual?
Scorpions are good models for “Glow in the dark’ products because literally they glow under dark.
* Camels are animals characterized with a straight spine, regardless how many humps they have.
* In order to produce a ton of milk per day, you should have 60 cows in the farm.
* Almost all land mammals are built with body parts that can help them jump aside from elephants.
* Female elephants carry baby in their womb for two years.
* Contrary to the common belief that tigers only have striped fur, these animals also have striped skin.
* Yaks are some of the few species that can survive in places that have an altitude of around 20,000 feet.
* Keratin (also known as compressed hair) is the most important substance to the horn of a rhino.
* Polar bears belong to left handed animal species.
* Komodo Dragons, a kind of monitor lizard, has similar features with a real dragon. It can grow as much as four meters and its weight can reach 250 pounds at the most.
* The Nine-banded Armadillo (also known as Peba) can produce offspring of either four female or four male little armadillos.
* Reindeer Can survive extreme weather condition simply by eating moss. Moss keep their body warm and help them to survive.
* Contrary to common belief, Beavers are not vegetarians. They favorite diet include among others, small aquatic animals, leaves and bark of hardwood trees.
* By its sturdy built, pigs literally can look up into the sky.
* Bats are orderly mammals, they always turn left when going out of caves.
* On average, a baby blue whale adds more or less 200 pounds a day during the first seven moths of its life.
* This is one for the record, do you know that to aid them in digesting food, crocodiles need to eat rocks!
* A shark egg holds the record for the biggest egg on earth.
* Three months of continuous sleep is all a snail needs to last the next three years without eating.
* Goldfish are shy creatures, it will turn white if it is kept in a very dark room. Also, it has a very poor memory that lasts for three seconds.
* The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.